Diamanta Vito Curriculumn Vitae
Name and surname: Diamanta Vito
Nationality: AlbanianE-mail: [email protected]
Phone. no: +355 69 20 54 622
University “A. Xhuvani”, Elbasan Albania, Department of Research
Freelance project writing and consulting
Office Address: H&D Consultancy-Elbasan, Hotel “Skampa” (ish-Turizmi), Office 201, Elbasan
Municipal Management Expert, USAID Planning in Local Governance/Women Peace and Security Project; May 2018 -Sep. 2020
- Completed six map assessment for partner municipalities.
- Assisted up to six partner municipalities to improve municipal service delivery for their citizens using approaches based on Quality Service Improvement Program methodology;
- Supported LGU-s implementation of the legal framework on Gender equality legislation and policy (processes and procedures) through implementing various activities;
- Supported six partner municipalities in preparing and approving Local Action Plan for Gender Equality;
- Supported and trained partner municipalities in writing Gender Sensitive Project Proposals;
- Developed and Conduct training sessions in P/CVE and WPS for local officials mainly administrators and social workers, youth structures and CSOs;
- Support and Provided Tailored Assistance to Municipalities and the Private Sector to Promote Competitiveness and Job Creation targeting vulnerable communities.
General Director of the Strategic, Social and Community Services Policies, Media and IT, Municipality of Elbasan; 2007- 2018
Daily Management of the department, responsible for drafting and approval of policy documents and their implementation, some include:
- Creation of Elbasan Economic Development Advisory Committee,
- Gender Budgeting Process Implementation (the first in the country),
- Social Area Plan drafting and approval;
- Social Protection Plan;
- The drafting and approval of the Elbasan General Local Territorial Plan, Elbasan Development Strategy and other related documents,
- Creation of Local Safety Council (the first in the country);
- Led a team of 50 employees and managed the annual budget of the department, which included also the directory of Social and Community Services.
Technical Coordinator for the Organizational Development Programme in the framework of the 3 months Pre-service Training at Peace Corp;. 2007- 2017
- Developed and conducted trainings for Peace Corps Volunteers
Specialist in the Coordination and Development Office, in the Prefecture of Elbasan Region, Albania. 2000- Sept. 2005
- Supported in development policies and challenges and also coordinated municipalities of Elbasan Region
Community Liaison Officer at CRS (Catholic Relief Services), 07/05/99- December ‘00
Sep.2005- Oct 2006
MA in "Public Administration International", London Metropolitan University, London, UK
Graduated in “Albanian language and literature”, at University A. Xhuvani, Elbasan, Albania.
High school “K. Kristoforidhi”, Elbasan, Albania
Participated in the "International Visitor Leadership Program on Spirit of Volunteerism", USA.
Training on “Elements of developing an Area Social Plan” .
“Training Skills for Trainers” Workshop, organized by Peace Corps
2004 – 2005
Post University Course on “Planning, Managing and Evaluating the Public Services in the Frameworks of Reforms on Local”
February- May 2004
Training on “Identification, evaluation and methodology of regional planning” organized by International Committee for the Development (CISP)
“MDG-s and Albania” training organized by UNDP Albania.
Workshop “Balkans –our neighborhood”, Organized by Centre for Balkan Co-operation, part of Elbasan Prefecture Delegation.
Diploma “New approaches of social service delivery in Albania” training programme organized by International Labour Organization, Central and Eastern European Team, Budapest.
“Creative thinking” training organized by CRS.
“Monitoring and evaluation process” training organized by UNDP.
Other Contributions and Publications
Member of the Administrative Council, University A. Xhuvani, Elbasan
Co-author "Elbasan Social Area Plan-instrument for empowering people".
Co-editor of the City of Elbasan 10-year Strategic Plan
Member of the work group which realise the report “The development of Elbasan Region through the MDG-s”, financed by UNDP Albania.
“Albanian Public Administration, a review”, published in Institutions and development: an analysis of local public administration in Albania” Stride One project.
“The needs of the Public Administration in Albania in the reforming framework” article published in “Elbasan” regional newspaper.
Member of the Elbasan City Committee, which prepared the programme “Creating a supportive area for the development of the business in Elbasan”.
Foreign Languages: Italian, English
Computer Skills: Good knowledge of computer programs Microsoft Office, Internet and Social Networks.